Functions of the International Student Club:
- Contacts and meetings: Thanks to our active work with embassies, we have previously arranged meetings with ambassadors and some other universities. Now we believe it's time to arrange a meeting with the ambassadors at the RUSS so that they could explain their work to our future diplomats and political scientists and tell what kind of relations their country has with Russia and how we, foreign students, can help strengthen them.
- Elimination of confusion: based on personal experience, we are sure that new students will get confused, because we come from different countries and cultures which sometimes can make it difficult for us to understand everything by ourselves. Studies have shown that, for 92% of foreign students, the main problem is to find out how everything works in another country. Therefore, we will help to reduce this to an absolute minimum by sharing our solutions to problems.
- Accommodation: We offer free guided tours to show our facilities and dormitories to newcomers, as well as explain how to get to each of them by public transport.
- Explanation of the system and rules of our university, such as: • SDO and how it works; • What they can and cannot do in our university and dormitory; • How we get grades and what the preparatory year is.
- Adaptation: we will help foreigners adapt faster by introducing them to famous places such as Red Square, VDNKh Park, Gorky Park, and other famous sights of Moscow, and by keeping in touch with them until they feel at home.
- Overcoming the language barrier: Russian language is very beautiful and interesting, but at the same time it is really, really difficult to learn. Unfortunately, the international office and some professors don't seem to understand the struggle of having a thought and not being able to explain it. We're international students and activists, but 8 months of Russian Grammar cannot teach us in full to communicate and understand lectures in Russian, so we are going to help foreigners by showing them ways to expand their vocabulary and do them favors in translating and interpreting with the aid of our amazing team that speaks Russian, English, Arabic, French, Spanish, Lao, Uzbek, and many other languages.